Welcome to CKAN’s Administration Guide¶
This Administration Guide covers how to set up and manage CKAN (Comprehensive Knowledge Archive Network) software.
- The first two sections cover your two options for installing CKAN: package or source install.
- The rest of the first half of the Guide, up to Set and Manage Permissions, cover setup and basic admin.
- The second half of the Guide, from Prepare to Use Extensions onwards, covers advanced tasks, including extensions and forms.
For high-level information on what CKAN is, see the CKAN website.
- Option 1: Package Installation
- Option 2: Install from Source
- Post-Installation Setup
- Load Datasets
- Common CKAN Tasks
- Set and Manage Permissions
- Prepare to Use Extensions
- Add Extensions
- Understand and Write Extensions
- Customizing Forms
- Form Integration
- Database Dumps
- Upgrade CKAN
- Internationalize CKAN
- Reference: CKAN Configuration Options
- Reference: CKAN API
- Testing for Developers
- Install Buildbot
- About CKAN